A Moveable Feast by Ernest Hemingway | Top 5 Books Review

10:14 PM


I was extremely wary on reading this book. I had heard wonders on Hemingway's writing and specifically on this book. However, I had also heard worrying things about Hemingway himself, his history, his personality, his vices. Those worried me. 
It was a matter of seconds to solve this issue, though. Hemingway's writing is indeed fantastic. It's raw, direct, transparent. Somehow, this man does not need many words to lead you to where he is. The moment's feelings wrap you. There is a joy and a tangible melancholy. 
A Moveable Feast is a book of moments. It's not possible to quite categorize it as a novel. It's not even possible to call it an autobiography. Feels more like a sit down with the author, drinking whiskies while he recollects his early days in Paris.
I was mostly enchanted by this book. I couldn't put it down, but also didn't want it to end. It was an easy, fast, immersing read and I loved every second of it.

I now have it as a life mission to read all of Hemingway's writings. Despite having heard that this isn't a good representation of the rest of his work (subject-wise), his style was enough to keep me interested for quite some time.



You Might Also Like

0 thoughts

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images